I receive a lot of questions from my readers where they have been doing pretty good at choosing healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, but they are still struggling to find good ideas for "snacks".
After all, I'm sure it's no secret by now that eating 5-6 small meals per day is a much better strategy for getting lean compared to the traditional "3 squares" a day (which for most people, turns into only 2 big meals/day as many skip breakfast).
The problem that I see people having is being prepared enough to bring healthy mid-meals with them to work for the day. If you don't plan ahead, and bring something healthy and balanced with you when you're out and about for the day, or at work, you're going to end up choosing the junk food at the vending machine or corner store.
So here are some of my favorite mid-meals that I've used for years with great success and that lots of my clients love too. I want to keep things simple here, so I'm just gonna give a couple of my easiest, quickest, and healthiest:
- Apple or banana with almond butter
- Cottage cheese mixed with yogurt, berries, and walnuts or pecans
- A couple hard boiled eggs with carrot and celery sticks and hummus
- A piece of whole grain or sprouted grain toast with nut butter and berries
- Fresh sliced pineapple with a handful of macadamia nuts
- Cottage cheese with cinnamon, apple slices, and walnuts (mmm, mmm good)
That should give you some ideas to start working with.
Remember that my Truth about Six Pack Abs ebook contains 84 additional lean-body meal ideas to keep your eating plan interesting and delicious!Feel free to forward this newsletter to any of your friends, family, or coworkers that you think might enjoy these mid-meal ideas.
I'll be back with some more Lean-Body Secrets. Have a great one!
Certified Nutrition Specialist
Certified Personal Trainer
Founder - TruthAboutAbs